Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Roommate Sega #1

My college roommate was amazing. However, I have many stories for preparing myself to live with this turned-out-to-be-awesome stranger.

One of the first stories was the time before even talking to her....

I received the letter in the mail with my roommate assignment...how exciting! Well, exciting if you were socially ept. I, on the other hand, have issues.

So, I received the letter giving me her name and address. Instead of my first instinct being to phone her and begin our relationship--I stalked her online.

I googled her name, address, hometime, and anything else I could think of. As a result I knew the following:
-She was friends with a band
-The band appeared to be her friends, possible her brother's friends
-She had a brother
-Her family owned some McD's franchises
-Other information that has since become unnecessary for me to retain

Now I was prepared to engage with her. And by engage with her, I mean wait for her to contact me and then hide any existance of my stalking knowledge.

Great...so now I'm stocked on information....awkward....and can't keep a secret. This is sure to go well....

More stories to follow.....

No comments: