Thursday, February 17, 2011

Creeper Window Watcher

Insomnia. I do not have insomnia. However, sometimes I can't sleep....and when this happens I do one of the following:

1.) Watch scary movies and scare the shit out of myself.

2.) Watch episode after episode of House hoping Hugh Laurie's tender voice will let me drift to sleep.

3.) Watch my dog sleep.

4.) Eat breakfast...so I can sleep in the next morning.

5.) Random other ish.

Well, this was a random other ish night. I had already tried scary movies but had freaked myself out too much...forcing me to go up to my bedroom--aka safety zone. Then I tried having Hugh put me to sleep. Ate a bowl of cereal in my safety zone and watched my dog sleep. It was surely a random ish night.

Tonight I looked out my window that faces into our backyard. Not only does it face into the backyard but I noticed it looks directly into our backyard neighbors upstairs window. Our neighbors who, at 3 a.m., also had their lights on. Strange.

I kept watching to see if they too had a none sleeper who perhaps had also progressed to doing random ish. About 20 minutes later, with a short break to watch my dog sleep again, I realized that if I could see into their window...then they could see into mine. Uh-oh.

I think proceed to figure out how long since that new house had been built and just how many years they may have been watching me. This was followed by thinking how creepy they were if they were watching me. Then I realized I need to hang my curtain up in that window--yes I have one, I just can't figure out how to hang curtains at the young age of 26. Again followed by how creepy my backyard neighbors might be had they been watching me.

The next day when telling the parentals about this and asking for them to re-hang my curtain...I think realized I was a creeper for watching in their window for a prolonged period of time.

I will need to do other things as option #5 when I can't sleep.

No comments: