Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"It's the police. Open up."

It's 11:30 p.m.-ish on a Sunday night. I'm sitting on the couch watching scary t.v. shows while the parentals are sleeping. It should be just a normal Sunday night...and then....

A car flew down our street, pulled right up in front of our house, and promptly came to the door where the stranger proceeded to angrily and loudly knock. I freak out.

In my freak out, I jump off the couch and run straight upstairs yelling "someones at the door...ummmm someones at the door....ma....dad...someones at the door."

While I'm doing this, mother is apparantly also freaking out and jumping out of bed and running to the top of the staircase where I meet her as she screams "DO NOT ANSWER THE DOOR. ERIC. ERIC. GET UP! GET UP! SOMEONES AT THE DOOR."

Father stumbles, confused out of bed and puts jeans on to go downstairs and see hwo's at the door.

As we walk downstairs...all three of us...mother right behind father and me holding mothers shoulder asking if I should get the phone to call 911...then stating that I need to get the phone in case I must call 911.

As I'm stating that I need to call 911, there's another angry, angry knock at the door. And then as we're at the last of the stairs where we can see the top of the strangers head through the window at the top of the door....father yells in a deep, slightly intimidating voice "who is it."

Now we've come to a stop at the stairs while I'm trying to manuever my way to get a phone to call 911...then the stranger at the door yells back "it's the Police, open your door."

WTF!

So we open the door and the officer has a large flashlight shining in our faces as he asks us "Where's Nicole."

Nicole is the 16 year old who lives up the street. Not here. Which we then inform him.

However, he doesn't believe us really and asks "Is this 33 Red Street?"

We confirm he's at that address but proceed to tell him Nicole still doesn't live here and lives up the street.

The cop them leaves and heads up the street...mother and I are still trying to get our heart rates under control and father goes back to bed.

5 minutes later, a fire engine with their lights on pulls up the street. Following 5 more minutes later by another cop car.

Sunday nights are fun....

No comments: