Friday, June 13, 2008

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

When I was little...let's just say I wasn't the most well-bahaved child. So in response to my acting up, occassionally mother would threaten that she was going to send me to the orphanage. She'd proceed to pick up the phone and call call the orphanage to pick me up...
Well the other night at dinner I found out that she never really called the orphanage...instead she was calling my friend's mother!***

I also found out that while she was pretending to call the orphanage, I'd run around the house on the verge of tears, yelling "But I don't wanna be Annie! Noooooo!" Apparantly I feared turning into Annie and living the life she lived when she was stuck in the orphanage.

Then the next day, when I safely avoided being taken away to the orphanage (which I thought was magical...turns out it wasn't even a threat)....I'd run around the house singing "The sun will come out tomorrow....bet ya bottom dolla that tomorrow....there'll be sun!"

***Do not judge that it took me over 15 years before learning that I was never on the verge of being sent to the orphanage.

No comments: